Saturday, April 30, 2011

"Grateful"

HI! I have not blogged in a long time. We have been very busy and when I have had the time to sit down I was too tired to blog! : ( I hope everyone is having a wonderful Saturday. As most of you probably know by now, we had some terrible weather here in Alabama on Wednesday. I had to go to the doctor that day so Caleb and I were on the road most of the day and God truly protected us in a mighty way. We made it home fine and our home and homes around us were not even touched at all. Families that lived twenty minutes from us were hit and it has been devastating. A family from our church lost their home. They were very blessed to be able to retrieve several of their things but their house is not liveable. We went and helped them yesterday and I could not believe me eyes. The pictures and even the videos do not do justice until you see it with your own eyes and then you realize just how powerful these tornadoes are. There are so many people hurting in out state but it has been incrediable to see how everyone has stepped up and is helping out. I have been reminded over the last couple of days that we serve a God that is BIGGER and STRONGER than anything we will ever face and that NOTHING catches him my surprise!
Please continue to pray for our state so many are without their homes and cars and it is hard to even know where to begin.

On a happier note, hope you all had a wonderful Easter. Caleb and I had a great frist Easter as husband and wife. We were able to spend it with family and friends that we dearly love. We had gorgeous weather here and we spent most of the day outside! We even recieved an Easter basket from my parents! Yay for Cadbury Eggs!
Here is a pic of our first Easter.



Today Caleb, my sister in love, and I did our first 5K! We were sooo excited and proud of ourselves. My sis in love and I did it in 32 minutes and Caleb did it in 28. We are doing another one in a couple of weeks and we are planning on improving our time. I absolutely loved it and had so much fun. Look forward to sharing with you our next time!

We pray each of you have a wonderful Saturday and a great Sunday!
Abundant Blessings, Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment