Friday, October 15, 2010

"Bittersweet"

Today is a bittersweet day! Today is my last day with my wonderful fourth graders! I have had a GREAT experience and cannot imagine how it could have been any better! For the past 8 1/2 weeks I have been able to spend my days with 25 fun 9 and 10 year olds and they have taught me so many things but most of all I think I will be a better teacher thanks to them and my wonderful supervisor and cooperating teacher! I will never forget this exciting experience! I am so thankful for the ministry God has called me to be a part of for my career! I have been able to learn not everyday is the best. Somedays I have went home exhausted and feeling like I did not get anything accomplished but then there are the days when a child has been having trouble "getting" something and then they finally "GET IT" and they light up all over and it makes those bad days seem much better! So, I am very sad that the time has come for me to leave my fourth graders, but I am super excited because I am half way to graduation and on Monday I will get to meet my new Kindergartners! I thought graduation would never get here, but as each day passes I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.
As I draw closer to graduation I am reminded of so many teachers that I had in elementary and high school and the wonderful influence that they had on my life. So many of them are the reason I have pursuing a degree in education today!
I hope I can impact many lives and pour into students and show them God's love by my actions and words like so many have done for me!


I am SUPER excited about tonight because our nephews are coming over for a spend the night party at Uncle Caleb's and Aunt KK's! We are going to have soooo much fun! Tonight at my school that I am currently interning at they are having their fall festival. Caleb is bringing the boys to meet me and we are going to all go to the festival! I am excited about Caleb finally being able to meet all of my wonderful students! Tomorrow, Caleb and I will be taking the boys to the park! I will post pictures soon!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful afternoon!
Abundant blessings, Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment